Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sarah Britten, 1st picture


Good moro,

As promised, here is the first picture from Sarah Britten's shoot. This shot was challenging because we shot in a busy coffee shop in Bryanston at their busiest time and had to contend with the harsh lights in the shop. I also threw Sarah in the deep end as this was the first shot, and Sarah was not yet comfortable, but had to stand infront of a busy shop and have photos taken.

This was the first time I'v ever had to ask for permission to shoot in a public place, something that has terrified me since I took up photography. There was always the thought in the back of my head that I wasn't good enough, and the thought of rejection has always scared me too much to ask. The manager was great and very helpful and friendly about us shooting in his shop which was great. This experience taught me to believe in myself, stand tall and with confidence, and just go ahead and ask. Most likely they will be thrilled to have you take interest in their shop and love the bustle of excitement and intrigue that it creates in the patrons.

What did I learn on this shoot? To live up to that saying that I love so much: "Do one thing every day that scares you". I have no idea where that saying comes from but I like to believe that I can push myself to do just that. Because, more likely then not, the experience will be a positive one and all I can do is learn from it and grow.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! You managed to get it up :) Well done on the blog and that's a stunning pic!

    ReplyDelete